We are searching for a new Executive Director for FAIR Canada
You will be a dynamic advocate for the interest of Canadians as consumers of financial goods and services and minority shareholders.
–You will have communication, presentation, relationship-building and persuasion skills consistent with those of an executive leader.
–You will have a passion for retail investor rights and will possess a drive to advocate tirelessly for those rights.
–You will be able to present FAIR Canada’s business case for funding to appropriate audiences.
Key selection criteria
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the securities industry and its regulatory/legal environment – particularly with the retail side of capital markets
- Proven success in leading teams and managing professional staff
- Proven experience acting as a representative to business partners, media, regulators, industry and/or the investing public.
Other skills and experience that would prove useful but are not absolutely required
- French language fluency
- Fundraising ability and/or experience
- Stakeholder relationship management experience
- Being able to report to a board of directors
- Media relations, public relations, public affairs and marketing skills
- Comfort with technology – you should embrace social media as a tool
- Business unit or general management leadership experience
Functional Discipline Experience – a wide range of backgrounds is possible
- Legal, financial / accounting
- Marketing / product development / product management/ financial advisory
- Public or media relations / stakeholder management
- Regulatory / compliance / government affairs
Please respond by Monday, Jan. 21, to Alison MacPhee, email@example.com.