FAIR Canada recently submitted comments to the Ontario Securities Commission’s (OSC) Investor Advisory Panel (IAP) regarding issues of importance to investors. In its submission, FAIR Canada:
- explains the need for a best interest standard for advisors;
- discusses annual performance and cost reports, benchmarks, and the Fund Facts point of sale initiative;
- comments on the shortcomings of a securities regulatory framework based solely on formal disclosure documents and the need for substantive or merit-based regulation;
- provides suggestions for improved corporate governance in Canada; and
- indicates its support of the OSC’s Strategic Plan.